Permanent Jobs Berkshire
|Snr Technical Support Rep||£ 27000 31000||Reading||vc4011|
|JOB PURPOSE: Senior Support Rep for our Tier 2 customer & engineering technical support team in a fast paced, growing GPS fleet services company. The job holder will be a senior professional within a small multi-functional & highly skilled team handling a variety of questions and issues from customers and installers. They can be relied upon to take on a higher quantity and/or more complex issues and activities. The position mentors entry level and less experienced Technical Support Specialists.
WORKING HOURS: The Helpdesk operates a shift pattern between 8am-6pm Monday to Friday. Typical hours include the early shift (8am-4pm), middle shift (9am-5pm) and late shift (10am-6pm), with half an hour for lunch and 2 x 15min breaks. The Senior Support Rep will predominantly operate a 9am-5pm shift but may be required to work any of these shifts as necessary, and may change on a day-to-day basis. Due to the nature of the business and this role, from time to time the job holder may be required to work outside these hours, including weekend work.
MAIN DUTIES include, but are not limited to the following:-
• Providing technical support to our 3rd party installers for service work and new installations.
• Handle emails from customers, colleagues and 3rd party engineering providers.
• Diagnosing and troubleshooting Hardware issues, scheduling service work with engineers as the last resort.
• Ensure engineering issues are identified and escalated in accordance with company handling policy and guidelines.
• Identifying Software issues/bugs and transferring to App Support.
• Handle incoming escalations. Liaising with customers and internal support teams – App Support, Finance or Sales - to resolve/escalate issues further.
• Follow up with internal and external parties to ensure customer issues are addressed in a timely manner.
• Make follow up calls to ensure customer is satisfied with the resolution of their issue/query. This will include follow-up calls regarding post-case surveys.
• Handle Credit Requests from Finance/other internal departments.
• Guide and assist Tier 1 and 2 (and other departments) on process related questions and provide viable solutions with speedy execution.
• Assisting with new Product/feature releases.
• Assist with auditing cases and calls.
• Taking the lead in investigating and resolving any queries for major accounts.
OTHER DUTIES include, but are not limited to the following:-
• Provide feedback on Customer requests/suggestions for changes and improvements to the system and other areas of service.
• Provide support & assistance to engineers, providing them with courier details for new & service kit.
• Undertake ad-hoc projects as required.
Required Skills / Experience/Attributes:
• Proven demonstrable track record of same or comparative professional experience.
• Basic electronic hardware & software troubleshooting experience.
• Understanding of mobile devices, GPS & GSM networks.
• Mentoring/coaching less senior teammates
• Strong problem solving skills; gathers and analyses information skilfully.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially the ability to listen and comprehend effectively.
• Ability to work independently planning their own agenda with little/no supervision.
• Capable of sensitively managing difficult or emotional customer situations together with building rapport and trust for the future.
• Ability to instinctively comprehend and, where appropriate, escalate issues efficiently and appropriately.
• Prioritise effectively within tight schedules and a dynamically paced environment.
• Enthusiasm and positive attitude in context to the role.
• Strong work ethic and customer service orientation with outstanding integrity and ethics.
• Commitment to professionalism, follow-through and attention to detail.
• Superior internet and computer skills.
• High technical aptitude for assimilating technical concepts and new technology.
• Ability to work flexible shift, which may include early morning hours, late night hours or weekend hours, as and when required.
• Experience with support applications, tools and processes.
• Experience delivering both hardware and software support services.
• Experience in systems engineering in GSM wireless networks, mobile devices and GPS.
• Experience in vehicle tracking and diagnostics (Telematics)
• CS or Engineering background a plus
• Experience with PC/MAC browsers, Excel, Microsoft Office
• Preference for Verbal, comprehension and written European language skills to a satisfactory standard.
Full training will be given in our Reading office.
If you wish to apply for this job then please send your CV stating job title and reference number to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have already registered and are interested in this job then please give Bev, Katie, Emily or Jane a call - YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR CV.
T: 0118 304 1877